Subject: [Leica] ir cut filter
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Fri Nov 2 16:50:56 2007

Rei,

I have also tried the much cheaper Tiffen IR cut filters and they
work just fine on 28mm and longer lenses. It's the extreme wide
angles in the 16mm to 21mm range that need the exact strength of the
Leica filters to match the firmware correction in the M8. If the
filter is too strong ( Heliopan and B+W), you get cyan creep in the
corners. If the filter to too weak (Tiffen), the firmware will
overcorrect and you end up with pink or beige corners. On the longer
lenses the only thing you want to eliminate is the magenta coloration
on the synthetic cloth. They all do that.

Len