Subject: [Leica] OT - Leopard (OS10.5) and Epson Printers
From: cummer at netvigator.com (Howard Cummer)
Date: Mon Oct 29 14:52:01 2007

Hello Luggers,
I recently traded my Epson 1290 - six years old and not repairable at
an economic price - for a new 1390 (called 1400 in Europe).
I down loaded the print driver on the Epson UK site and with Tiger OS
10.4, printing through CS2 and Silkypix 3.0, prints were acceptable.
My considerate son bought the
5 user family pack for OS10.5 on the weekend and we installed it on my
Intel I Mac. The computer wouldn't recognize the printer!
After much fussing around and reinstalling the UK printer driver the
computer now recognizes the printer - but the prints are
muddy and way off colour from the screen. Anybody using the same set
up? Can anyone direct me to a separate driver for the 1390 / 1400?
Please answer off list if you
don't want to clutter up the list with the off topic topic.
Many thanks
Howard (in Hong Kong) (who hates the setting up of new systems and
hard ware)