Subject: [Leica] Wooden tripods
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Mon Oct 29 11:52:12 2007

Robert Lilley <54moggie@embarqmail.com> wrote:

> what do you all think of monopods (wooden ones of course).

My monopod is metal, a Bogen 3218 or some such thing.  Got it used for $25
and I could have spent a lot more and I'd still have been delighted.  I use
it combined with my shoulder stock with any lens that has a rotating tripod
fitting:  100 APO, 80-200 Vario, 280 f/4 APO, both f/6.8 Telyts, a Novoflex
and a couple of N-brand long lenses.  I don't leave home without it!

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com