Subject: [Leica] IMG: the reason why
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Sun Oct 28 23:21:05 2007

Philippe, just catching up on seeing one or two of your PAWs.
Wk 38 with the little girl is very good indeed. The framing with the adult's
face and hand makes it tell a story. There seems to be
tension in the hand at odds with the upturned innocent face or perhaps that
is just my interpretation. I hope that the little one
wasn't in trouble ;-)
I'm mildly distracted by the table in the background. More the white of the
cloth though rather than the leg.

The yacht photograph I can admire for the sky and light of course. I can
appreciate how the vessel's lines work in the composition.
Very likely its actual detail is especially appealing to yachting folks.
Quite an unusual perspective for a non- yacht expert to
look at. A lot of detail but still the subdued light mutes it.
The older shot of the jetty on its own appeals to me greatly. Interesting to
see your minimalist style and elegant composition, all
done with bright bright colour this time.

Cheers
Hoppy