Subject: [Leica] Wooden tripods
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Sat Oct 27 18:51:08 2007

I have one.  It is a beauty.  I have a  Bogen 3D head on it, and  it works
great.  It is about the same weight as an equivilent aluminum tripod.  In
cold weather, it is not cold to the touch.  It  seems to be less vibration
prone.  It is a little dodgy to set up, as most new metal tripods have quick
release adjustments.  With the wooden tripod, you must loosen the top clamps
befoire you loosen the second ones.  Not a problem, but not quick either.

Hope this helps.

Sonny