Subject: [Leica] LHSA Rochester Pix
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard Taylor)
Date: Fri Oct 26 19:08:15 2007

Mark - The small 28 mm f2.8 is generally what's on my D40x.  Haven't
tried the 24 yet but will at some point.  It's damned hard to focus
that 28 on that camera in dim light though.  Those Rochester people
shots I showed were the few that were properly focused out of about
20 I took.  The little green focus light gave up under those
conditions and the lack of a focus aid in the ground glass really
made things hard.

I use a 55-200 zoom on the D40x, too.  Balances just fine.  Many of
the sailing shots I showed recently were taken with it.  Mine is the
VR version though.  In pretty much the same dim light I took the
people shots I got this shot of Constantine Manos with it at 200 mm
f5.6 at 1/5th sec.  This is about 1/3 of the frame.  Wouldn't want to
blow it up too big, but looks fine here.  Great lens.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/rtaylor/PICKS/lhsa_rochester/
DSC_0200.jpg.html
http://tinyurl.com/2d3yz4

Regards,