Subject: [Leica] PAW 43
From: hoppyman at msn.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Thu Oct 25 19:14:17 2007

Hi Michiel, just today back home in front of my own screen. Quite a few
images to look at posted recently.
That was really elegant lighting you chose for the picture of Ymke. The
delicate edge lighting on the right side of her face stops it being too
even. I could see this one working well as colour given it is really quite
subtly lit.
I had some initial impressions on the portrait of Pieter. We have the
sharpest focus on the line of nostril and lip. In fact minute details there
that sort of deflect my attention. But the OOF parts of the face are almost
rendered too smoothly for me. This might be just part of the digital
rendition though. I suppose just re-reading that I am talking about
expecting the sharpest focus to be in the plane of the right pupil. That's
quite conventional, I know. Or maybe even just some more DoF ?. I do really
like the pose, your lighting and exposure decision. The right hand glasses
lenses has an effect as if it is opaque, thought I think it is just that we
are seeing a featureless OOF area through it.

Cheers
Hoppy