Subject: [Leica] Re: Hoppy on Las Ramblas
From: hoppyman at msn.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Wed Oct 24 08:43:43 2007

Bill, for me, Las Ramblas was overcrowded and over priced. I had my M in my
hand or sitting on my camera bag almost the entire time in Barcelona. I mean
many many hours of walking all over the old city, back streets in
Barceloneta, throughout the touristy spots, up and down the length and
breadth of everywhere we wanted to wander, often quite late into the
evening, with local dining custom being a late evening meal. Four hours
before my flight my wrist ballooned horribly and I ended up in a hospital
emergency room for painkillers etc before I got on a flight. so my right
wrist had the defensive capacity and strength of custard for the earlier
part of my trip. I just kept the strap around my neck, my bag strap across
my shoulder around my neck and sat facing the foot traffic, waiters and
senoritas! I am quite surprised at the amount of reaction on this Barcelona
thing. must be a lot of folks out there with bad experiences.
The folks in war zones need to be paranoid, I'm sure. Everyone else maybe
just needs common sense. There is an exciting vibrant, photogenic world in
Amsterdam and Barcelona. I felt safe, I loved it and I'll be back.

Cheers
Hoppy