Subject: [Leica] Re: 2.8cm v. 28mm metal finder
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Tue Oct 23 16:08:23 2007

At 05:20 PM 10/23/2007, Geoff Hopkinson wrote:
 >I just looked through a new Zeiss Ikon 21 finder next to a Leica (old) 21
 >and my CV metal 28. I have the Leica 21-24-28 as well. The ZI finder is
 >trluy superb. Bright, sharp, undistorted, great framelines. Easily superior
 >on performance to every other I have tried. It costs a LOT. An individual
 >call on priorities and cashflow obviously.

Hoppy

Why not pick up a Prewar Zeiss Ikon 436
multi-finder?  Or the Postwar Soviet
clone?  These are generally available on eBay for
under $US 100 and are optically wonderful.  28mm
to 135mm.  Go figure.  Buy new and LOSE
money.  Buy great older suff and SAVE money.  Again, go figure.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!