Subject: [Leica] Getting into Leica
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Tue Oct 23 10:28:08 2007

Hi Justin,

When you get into Leica equipment cost becomes a prime consideration.
Your current equipment is film, not digital. Do you want to stay with
film. If you want equipment that is lighter you probably want to
stick with the Leica M rangefinder line. I started with a M6 with
built in meter and a 50mm Summicron and a 28mm Elmarit. About 6
months later I started playing with the M7 and fell in love. The
aperture priority mode is wonderful and allows you to shoot much
quicker without fiddling with the shutter speeds. I still have the F5
and 17-35mm lens and the Hassy 501cm. But I use the Leica almost all
the time now. Most of my photos are with the leica M8 digital camera,
a truly amazing camera which uses all my film lenses.

Good Luck,
Len