Subject: [Leica] Hoppy does Barcelona - street crime
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue Oct 23 06:55:33 2007

At 08:35 AM 10/23/2007, you wrote:
>That is what upset me so much when I lost my bag and CL to thieves a
>few weeks ago ... feeling like I had to be suspicious of everyone ...
>and I don't _want_ to be suspicious of everyone as I walk around.
>
>So it ruins more than a holiday.
>
>Daniel

Daniel -

I had a bad/good/bad experience last week in New York.  I lost my
wallet with all of my credit cards and drivers license somewhere in
Rochester.  Of course, I canceled the cards and then had to call and
tell the pet sitter to break into my house, find my passport, and
fedex it to me so I'd have a government issued photo id for the
airport.  When I got back home last night, I found that someone in
Rochester had found my wallet and mailed it to me, but the envelope
had been ripped open somewhere in the USPostal system and the wallet
was gone :-(  Nice that somebody had gone to the trouble and expense
of returning my wallet, depressing that somebody else committed a
federal crime and stole it from the mail!!  No I guess I have to
really watch out for identity theft :'(

Tina

Tina Manley
ASMP, NPPA, EP, PI