Subject: [Leica] IMG: From the Cigar Box, Doolittle Raid Memorial, 1965
From: jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Fri Oct 19 09:02:18 2007

Several of you have mentioned the B-25 and the Doolittle Raid on Japan.  The
crews trained at Pensacola, Florida to learn how to fly the bombers off of
an aircraft carrier.  When we vacationed there with the kids in 1965, I took
this photo of the B-25 preserved in a memorial to the Doolittle crews.

>From a casual view of the wing section between the fuselage and nacelle,
>the wing appears to be of the old school of wing design.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Cigar+Box/Doolittle+Raid+Memorial+1965.jpg.html

Critiques and comments welcomed.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA