Subject: [Leica] new 1.5 50 Sonnar
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Oct 3 20:08:19 2007

> I have to say I think Zeiss are playing an interesting game. I for one
> welcome their range of lenses for the Nikon F mount. Their 25mm on my
> Nikon F6 was my main combination during my last trip to the Lakes and
> their 50 f1.4 feels so right on a recently acquired F2A. I am assuming
> they will work on the D3 giving these bits of glass a secure future. I
> just wish Leica would play the same game.
>
> Chris B
>
> On 03/10/2007, G Hopkinson <hoppyman@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

I hope we don't see Leica red dot M lenses made by Cosina or somebody which
have the look and feel of a Spiratone or Vivitar lens of the 70's.
Which is how these ZF Zeiss made by Cosina Lenes are supposed to look and
feel. They don't look so great in some of the photos you tell me.

The glass might be great. Probably is very good.
But to spend that kind of money on something which has the OPPOSITE
build of a Contarex lens might be vexing when it comes time to balancing
your checkbook..

Mark William Rabiner
rabinergroup.com