Subject: [Leica] Suggestions for lens purchases?
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Mon Oct 1 18:26:00 2007

Confusion... is your 28/2.8 ASPH coded or not?  If not, that is lens #1.  No
questions asked.

Code any 21 or 24mm lens you own.
Code a 50/1.4, or an F2...
Code a 75 1.4 or 90AA

Basically, wides first, fast lenses second.  Slow teles last.

If nothing else, the coding makes the lens worth more if and when you sell
it  and if at that time Leica is still in business making digital M's......

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

I received my Passport Warranty card for my new 28/2.8 Asph lens today and
along with it were 2 certificates for free coding for 2 lenses.
Unfortunately the only 2 lenses I currently have that can be coded are my 50
Summicron and a 90 Tele-Elmarit.  Both not really needing the coding.  Can't
afford a new WA so I need suggestions for used WA's.  My current WA
compliment is a 35 pre-Asph Summilux (Not codeable) and the 28/2.8 Asph I
recently bought.
Thanks,
Gene