Subject: [Leica] [IMG] PAW 26 The British Holiday + Q for Brian
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Thu Sep 27 21:57:27 2007

I assume that by "a RE" you mean a reply, i.e. that you are asking why a
reply can be received before the message to which it is a reply.

It's almost always caused by intermittent congestion at the recipient's mail
server. If the mail server is heavily loaded, it will stop accepting mail
delivery until it has finished processing its heavy load. When this happens,
the sender's mail server will queue the message for later delivery. If, in
the interim, a reply comes along and the recipient's mail server is not
busy, the reply will be delivered immediately. The re-delivery attempt is
made by the clock: wait 2 hours or 4 hours and try
again, or something like that.

Replies: Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] [IMG] PAW 26 The British Holiday + Q for Brian)
Message from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] [IMG] PAW 26 The British Holiday + Q for Brian)