Subject: [Leica] R lens comparison
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Sep 23 21:17:07 2007

> Hi Jack,
>
> Well I have not used them all but those I have used are every bit as good
> as
> their M counterparts.  I currently have the 24 Elmarit R, 35 Elmarit R, 90
> Elmarit R, 135 Elmarit, 200/4 Telyt (OK not really an R lens, but this
> Visoflex lens is really nice on the R cameras), 560 Telyt, and the 80 - 200
> Vario Elmar R.  Would not give any up.
>
> Gene

I recall Erwin saying stuff in the book I'd not have predicted or thought of
as to the R wides being better than the M wides.
My money had been on the M wides for sure as they'd be less retrofocal with
more room behind with no mirror.
Erwin's convincing reason being the size of the lens itself not being
constricted for the R's. *

But then I think of the Zeiss 15 2.8
Twice the size of the Tri Elmar ultra wide.
Maybe it comes with a periscope.

* I could have got it all wrong read it yourself and make your own
conclusions.

Mark William Rabiner
rabinergroup.com