Subject: [Leica] What's in your bag?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Sep 15 11:21:42 2007

> 1 Sharpie and 1 Pilot pen
> Package of Kleenex
> Old film canister full of Excedrin
> Cellphone
>
> I could travel quite awhile with that very small bag!
>
> Tina
>
> Tina Manley
> ASMP, NPPA, EP, PI
> http://www.tinamanley.com

I have taken the tip from Tina and others on these Domke Sling bags.
I use all three.
The 100, 200 and 300.  Depending on how streamlined I can afford to be that
day.
Last week I'd been carrying the fat 300 because I had important documents in
it I had to send off DSL and pick up. I normally use the 200.

Last three days I have the skinny 100 packed up. But too skinny for a pound
of coffee beans to bring home last night from a coffee place in Barnes and
Noble.
In the next week I'll be starting back in with my Leicas. Both screw mount
and M. but for the past months and now:

Main compartment
D200 and 12-24 f4 on it. Having just switched back from my D40x. Now that
the heat wave is over.
A Sandisk Extreme III 2 gig card in it.
Which I got in the drug store across from Penn Station. Might have been
Macys. B&H was closed. A year ago.
And Nikon battery. I only have one other which is charging across the room.
Bus and subway map of Manhattan
Another one, smaller
Month at a glance 2007
Adobe Creative Suite 3 design premium and standard workflow Guide
Bonjour Tristesse by Fran?oise Sagan (very small book)
Temperament by Stuart Isacoff (How Music Became a Battleground for the Great
Minds of Western Civilization) (bigger book)
Kodak Professional Film Pecicula 4x5 Tmax 400 box;
In it my portfolio of 4x5" inkjet prints on matt paper.

Top part
2 LowePro D-Res 4: Memory Card Wallet -(holds up to 4 memory cards)
One for unexposed cards the other marked EX with metallic ink pen for
exposed cards.
In the un-exposed pouch is one 2 gig compact flash card and 3 old 1 gig
cards.
Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm 1.8 D lens made in China ($99)
    light small fast cheap and sharp backup reach
Nikon SS-400 TTL bounce-flash  (107.99 at Adorama)
    light small fast cheap and bright backup bounce flash
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/sb400.htm

Front pouch
Olympus Digital DS-2 recorder
3 short plastic pens
My keys, on it a Swiss army knife with the red sides long gone.
A Phillips screw driver in it instead of a cork screw.
The scissors I use by far the most.

Mark William Rabiner
rabinergroup.com

Replies: Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] What's in your bag?)