Subject: [Leica] Warning regarding a site named Quetchup
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Fri Sep 14 06:43:52 2007

If you get an email that identifies itself as being from a LUG member but
whose contents reference a "social networking" site named Quetchup, I
recommend that you ignore it, or, at the very least, discuss the issue with
the LUG subscriber in whose name that message was sent.

Quetchup tricks people into giving it their address books, and then sends
one of these automatic emails to everyone in the victim's address book.
Usually this happens without the victim even knowing about it.

I consider Quetchup to be evil, but it does provide a service that some
people find useful. If you don't know what that service is, I recommend that
you remain ignorant.

Brian Reid
LUG Saloon Keeper

Replies: Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] Warning regarding a site named Quetchup)