Subject: [Leica] IMG: Harbors #79
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu Sep 13 14:13:11 2007

At 04:31 PM 9/13/2007, you wrote:
>How about bow-furt? That's how they say it in Eastern North Carolina
>when they refer to the county and to the small town by the sea in
>Carteret County.  Ric and I speak Eastern North Carolina-ese!
>
>Robert

And I speak South Carolina-ese and pronounce it Bew-furt.  It's where
you can get the best oysters outside of Apalachicola.  Speaking of
pronouncing towns, there was an article in USNews and World Report
about best places to retire and one of them was Sonny's town,
Natchitoches.  They put in parenthesis how to pronounce it  -
Natchitoches (say NACK-uh-tish)  Is that right?!!

Tina

Tina Manley
ASMP, NPPA, EP, PI
http://www.tinamanley.com