Subject: [Leica] IMG: PWIGOMLAAP: Gee, maybe I don't need that fancy shift lens anymore.
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Sat Sep 1 15:00:25 2007

So I grabbed this kind of posed-looking (though it wasn't) picture
outside the radio station, and the original

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jbm/scratch/jbm-20070831-m8b-007-1440max.jpg.html

looked, well, the way pictures with the camera tilted down look --
converging verticals.  Back in the day, if I'd been trying to get fancy
and correct for that, I'd have busted out the tilt-shift lens (if I
happened to be lugging it around with me).  But now, in this brave
modern world, I've (finally -- please don't laugh too much) stumbled
across the magic of the Free Transform in Photoshop.  We don't need no
stinkin' shift lenses!

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/jbm/pwigomlaap/jbm-20070831-m8b-007-Edit-1280max.jpg.html

Of course, Kathryn tells me he looks kind of pinheaded in the tweaked
version.  I don't know if I'm completely sold, either.  But it's a cool
new (to me) trick.

 -Jeff

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] IMG: PWIGOMLAAP: Gee, maybe I don't need that fancy shift lens anymore.)
Reply from len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] IMG: PWIGOMLAAP: Gee, maybe I don't need that fancy shift lens anymore.)