Subject: [Leica] Re: M9
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Fri Aug 31 18:54:45 2007

2007-08-31-21:24:56 Mark Rabiner:
> By the way...
> Auto ISO is something the Eos's from Canon don't have.

They have it -- they've had it for years.  But they don't have it in a
useful way.

Canons often do auto ISO but only with the magic dial set to the funny
"green rectangle" setting.  Which means, "I don't have any idea about
this camera stuff, all I want to do is point and push this here button."
So you can't have auto ISO on a Canon without auto-only-shoot-jpegs, and
usually auto-pop-up-the-flash-and-blind-people.  Unless you tape the
flash down.

So it's close, but not actually useful.

Always kinda ticked me off, I'll tell you that for free.

(The above sentence is Vancouver-speak, if the dialogue in "Da Vinci's
Inquest" is anthropologically correct.)

 -Jeff

Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Re: M9)