Subject: [Leica] Re: M9
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Fri Aug 31 13:50:04 2007

At 1:21 PM -0400 8/31/07, Lawrence Zeitlin wrote:
>Will there be an M9?
>
>"- You're asking for an announcement that we haven't made yet. If
>you continue counting, it would be the logical next step. As
>official statement I can't say anything. But imagine this: if you
>were a Leica developer and you found a way - I'm using the
>Speculative - to fit a Full-Format sensor, and the crop-factor drops
>off, then you'd do it, wouldn't you?"
>
>WOW - wait till we hear the postings on this one. The Leica
>marketing department must be tearing out it's hair. Nothing kills
>present product sales like announcing a new and greatly improved
>model before it is ready to ship. The flip side is that perhaps it
>is ready to ship for the holiday season - and this was a pre
>announcement to gauge potential interest.
>
>Have a nice Labor Day weekend (for US Luggers only). Of course as a
>recent retiree, Labor Day is only a state of mind.
>
>Larry Z

Gee, will there ever be a Nikon D4? Might there possibly be a Canon
50D? What a stretch for someone in those companys to admit to
something like that. And of course, since there will be a D4, there's
absolutely no point in buying a D3 when it becomes available in
December.

Maybe there'll be a Toyota Camry in 2012 that will be better than the
current one. Maybe if a Toyota spokesman admitted as much sales of
the current model might drop to zero.

Actually, I hope to have a nice Labour Day weekend here as well. Same
day, only spelled differently. :-)

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design