Subject: [Leica] M8 Kaput update
From: cummer at netvigator.com (cummer@netvigator.com)
Date: Thu Aug 30 20:01:44 2007

Hi Luggers,
No Leica haven't helicoptered a new M8 to my cabin in the back woods but
my wife and I did have dinner with Ed and Julie Schwartzreich tonight,and
in the spirit of fraternity which Leica owners share, Ed has lent me an M6
so I am back in business - even if it is only the film business - and so out
taking pictures again with my Leica M lenses. Ed too had to exchange his
first M8 for another and that took about a month which I expect it will take
me - so I will have my M8 back soon after returning to Hong Kong. In the
meantime I am shooting film - mostly ISO 400 and resisting the urge to
chimp.
Cheers
Howard (happier tonight in Kingston Ontario)