Subject: [Leica] Re: M8 problems
From: telyt at earthlink.net (telyt@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Aug 30 08:33:45 2007

Lawrence Zeitlin <lrzeitlin@optonline.net> wrote:

> My DSLR has 15 modes of operation, each
> with half a dozen submodes. The mind boggles.

Obviously not a DMR.

> But then I don't make a living from photography. I can't depreciate
> an unreliable expensive camera as a tool of the trade.
>
> After I retired, I started a second career as a travel writer/
> photographer selling mostly to marine and boating magazines.

If you're selling photos then you certainly could depreciate the M8.
Whether you feel it's sufficiently reliable is another matter; just as a
reminder, the R8 had it's problems initially and Leica has fixed the
problem cameras.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

myhosting.com - Premium Microsoft? Windows? and Linux web and application

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Re: M8 problems)