Subject: [Leica] Re: M8 problems
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Aug 29 21:15:26 2007

> True, I just wonder how many happy campers there will be when the warranty
> runs out........and the bill actually shows up.....
>
> Frank Filippone
> red735i@earthlink.net
>

> Since the M8 came out its had problems which people have worked
> successfully
> around.

This is a FIRST OUT camera. Leica's first digital M body. Of many.
You get one you get to be the first on your block to have one.
But that's ALSO the problem.
They've got nowhere to go but up on this project. They tried some innovative
things so they'd not be caught in the mediocrity of the whole thing and I'm
glad they went for it with a little more luck they'd have had a few more
breaks break their way. Unfortunately a few breaks broke the other way.

When people REALLY start complaining about their M8's is when the in effect
The SECOND OUT digital M camera comes out.
The upgrade.
The M8.1

I'm guessing in time for the holiday buying season.

Mark William Rabiner
Harlem, NY

rabinergroup.com