Subject: [Leica] Re: M8 problems
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon Aug 27 11:43:03 2007

At 02:24 PM 8/27/2007, you wrote:
To me it's kind of like the old "Go to a hospital emergency room and
ask how many people treated there in the last month were in car
wrecks. You'll probably get a skewed picture of how unsafe driving really
is."

>It's the same on the internet....or in any forum devoted in part to
>resolving problems.  People have problems and they post.  People
>without problems generally don't take the time to advise the world
>they have no problems.
>
>Until we have an accurate count of the number of M8s sold to weigh
>against the number with problems I don't think we can accurately
>call anything a syndrome.
>
>Just my own two cents worth.
>
>--Bob

It's the same on the Canon e-mail lists.  Reading those you would
think that every Canon digital camera had problems with back focusing
and edge fringing and vignetting, etc.  I've had no problems with any
of the three M8's I've used - two loaners from Leica and my own.  I
still wouldn't depend on one camera, though, no matter what brand it is.

Tina

Tina Manley
ASMP, NPPA, EP, PI
http://www.tinamanley.com