Subject: [Leica] interesting
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Aug 22 02:17:48 2007

> Amazing piece of video morphing and really tight editing.  I wonder if
> that was Rostropovich on the cello doing the Bach?
>
> Thanks for the link - we really enoyed it.
>
> bob

It was Yo Yo Ma. For sure.
I listen to his version often and I had it in 10 seconds for sure.
RCA

I'm an X cellist.
I played for 8 years. May go back.

I also listen often to the Callas. Both loaded up on this laptop and my
ipod.

Yo Yo Ma's playing is no less "weak" sounding than the Bears in any number
of recordings they've both made of the standard repertoire.

Yo yo ma is a cellist while Rostropovich seemed to devote his major portion
of energy to conducting in his life. Which ended this April.

1985 Bach: The Unaccompanied Cello Suites (CBS 37867)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yo-Yo_Ma

Mark William Rabiner
Harlem, NY

rabinergroup.com