Subject: [Leica] Pan F - Pyro First shot
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Aug 22 01:11:08 2007

> Bob:
>
> That's a lovely exposure.  Period.
>
> Bob in Seattle
>

> On Aug 21, 2007, at 17:41, Ken Carney wrote:
>
> Bob,
>
> Is your printer using inkjet or silver?  Oops, I see your site says
> silver
> prints.  You may want to try VC paper and split filtering for this one,
> preserve the highlights and maybe bring out some shadow detail.
>
> I have many b&w negs developed in various pyro formulations.  Some of
> them
> are a test to scan, but you seem to have found the key.  Nice image.
>
> Ken

If I was going to be real hard core about it and shoot Pan F and soup it in
Pyro and risk poisoning myself I think I might use a cutting edge Leica lens
not a Voigtl?nder badged Cosina a few notches down the food chain line. On a
Leica body with a Gitzo carbon tripod. And a cable release.

Nice shot though I wonder if the whites have gone too white?

Why use heavy duty technique on comparatively lightweight equipment?

Mark William Rabiner
Harlem, NY

rabinergroup.com