Subject: [Leica] IMG: Muir Panorama
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue Aug 21 12:28:42 2007

PESO:

I'm still playing with stitching panoramas.  With this one, all of
the shots were made with the M8 on a tripod so I tried using Adobe's
automatic stitch program.  It took about 20 minutes to work through
the over 500 MB file but it did a very good job of stitching all 8
photos into one:

http://www.pbase.com/image/84275347

The detail in the tiff is incredible.  You can see the individual
pine needles on the trees across the lake and every blade of
grass.  I was disappointed again by the appearance of the sky in the
conversion to jpeg but it is compressed from a huge file.

Comments greatly appreciated.

Tina

Tina Manley
ASMP, NPPA, EP, PI