Subject: [Leica] Re: Scanning Tri-X
From: pjleeson at mchsi.com (Philip Leeson)
Date: Sat Aug 18 11:36:07 2007

I'd also agree with the BS category, having spent a fair amount of my
recent life scanning multiple types of film with my LS9000.
It is interesting that different films scan better than others (Supra
better than Gold, slides better than neg, etc)
I always thought Plus-X and Tri-X looked quite nice, just as they did
back in the day --  Mr (or Ms) Nyquist notwithstanding...
Only problem is the hand and arm fatigue from working in PS with
healing brush for hours on end.
Digital Ice just doesn't work with old silvery  B&W films; but when
it does, it's magic, plain and simple
Just my nontechnical thoughts.
Phil