Subject: [Leica] Armed and almost famous!
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Tue Aug 14 14:06:29 2007

On Aug 14, 2007, at 1:25 PM, Peter Klein wrote:

> Kyle:  My congrats on the success of "Armed America."  I've long
> had a feeling the book would strike a nerve. So, can you quit your
> day job?
>
> I do think the international buzz is largely generated because your
> book provides "evidence" that we in the U.S. are as f*ing nuts as
> the Europeans, etc. think we are.  Which is both good and bad.

as your subjects were volunteers ie. self selected... what can we say
about them...?

They certainly appear to be the noisy minority.

Their statement may or may not, have anything to do with Armed America.

It is assumed by some that they represent America, but actually they
don't represent me or any close American friends...

So who are they and what do they represent?

Someone who desires to be posed and photographed in their home with
their gun, child, dog etc...and then put into a book...

They appear at least to have in common, a desire for fame,
recognition...and want badly to make a statement...that particular
statement...

one way to claim their five minutes of fame...

Kyle indulged them quite beautifully and professionally, in doing
this so well and carefully staying neutral,

he offers a hot fascinating book on a hot topic....

it'll be successful, sure...

If it can shed light, not just heat on an already hot topic, it will
be even more successful,

Steve

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Armed and almost famous!)