Subject: [Leica] Re: Richard's daughter's DC
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Fri Aug 10 13:52:41 2007

On Aug 10, 2007, at 3:22 PM, Richard wrote:

> When our then 14 years girl went to Washington DC for a one
> week field trip, she remarks that "Wow, DC is quite white."

Your daughter must not have been very observant.

According to the Washington Guide the racial breakup of the city is
as follows: 60.01 percent of the people are African-American, 32.78
percent of the people are Whites, 2.66 percent are Asians, 0.30
percent are Native Americans, 7.86 percent of the people are Hispanics.

Now if she had visited Burlington, VT, she would have been correct.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from ricc at mindspring.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] Re: Richard's daughter's DC)