Subject: [Leica] Re: Photo vests still mandated
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Wed Aug 8 15:51:29 2007

I don't understand what the big deal is.

Official vests identify photographers as being authorized to be there.
Somebody needs to buy the vests.  I bet there'd be a bigger outrage if the
photographers were told they needed to pay $$ to buy themselves a logo-free
vest.  No vest, no photos.

So the people buying the vests get their names on them.  Not huge logos.
Just relatively small.

What's the big deal?

We're not talking about journalism here.  We're talking about photographers
who are making money in the entertainment industry.  I don't understand the
gripe other than people like the complain.

What am I missing?

--
Eric
http://canid.com/