Subject: [Leica] re: Tri-Elmar
From: dnygr at cshore.com (Douglas Nygren)
Date: Sun Aug 5 17:15:30 2007

Yes, you all make a point. Those who said that in the face of a huge
price increase it make sense to stick with what you've got answers in
part the question behind my question concerning the new Tri-Elmar's
marketability. I noted that the 1/3 price increase makes the Zeiss 15mm
for about roughly 1/3 less a more appealing deal. Some of you said,
keep with what you have. Use the 21 you've got. Good advice.

I've been particularly interested in the new tri-elmar because I do a
lot of wide angle photography. I rarely use anything longer than a 35.
I shoot with panoramic cameras and wide angle Ms. The new tri-elmar has
an appeal, but not with the new price jump. I'll stick with my 21 and
maybe add the 15 Zeiss, maybe. I wouldn't think of buying the new
tri-elmar becaue to afford it I'd have to sell my 21 and I'm not about
to do that. Advantage Zeiss.

Doug