Subject: [Leica] IMG: Painted Shadows
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Fri Aug 3 08:17:43 2007

This is not the type of photo I normally take. I don't know if it's
good or bad but for me it's different.

This is a dark area of the stream. The water is not moving but the
tree shadows have a painted quality to them. It is caused by scores
of water bugs jumping up and down on the surface causing tiny
circular ring patterns. The patterns deform the tree shadows in a
different way.

Any comments are welcome.

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/LeonardT/Pennypack+Preserve/
Shadows.jpg.html>

or

http://tinyurl.com/yr4uzm

Taken with an M5 and 50mm rigid Summicron at 1/30 and f8.
Fuji Acros 100 in X-Tol 1:1

ps: In this area of this stream two alligators were removed about a
month ago. There aren't supposed to be alligators in Pennsylvania.

Replies: Reply from jmaddox01 at suddenlink.net (Jack Maddox) ([Leica] IMG: Painted Shadows)
Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] IMG: Painted Shadows)
Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] IMG: Painted Shadows)