Subject: [Leica] IMG: July
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu Jul 26 10:11:38 2007

At 09:59 PM 7/25/2007, you wrote:
>My aunt used to have a huge garden in Mississippi.  The kind that would feed
>all the field hands during harvest.  My memories of wandering through the
>tomatoes, peas, crowder peas, and string beans sampling the ripe and running
>out into the cotton when noticed are priceless.
>
>Thanks for the memories.

That's what I need - field hands!!  I'd be glad to feed anybody
willing to pick ;-)  I do have photos of my 3-year-old grandson
eating tomatoes straight off the vine with juice running down his
chin.  He asked if he could eat that "apple" after he had already
picked it and taken two bites.  I let the grandkids pick the
purple-hull peas because I could tell them to pick only the purple
ones.  Other veggies would be picked before they're ready, I'm
afraid.  Back to my canning -

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA
http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/dimes_for_hunger