Subject: [Leica] Zeiss 35 in M mount
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Wed Jul 25 02:15:51 2007

Interesting article linked to the new newsletter from Zeiss Lens News.

A Californian fine art photographer writing on testing the Biogon 2/35 ZM.

He is very enthusiadtic regarding his loan lens from Xeiss.

This gentleman extols the superior bo-ke from the Zeiss product compared to
the "competitor"'

"The 35mm focal length lens that I have used in recent years has been
considered state of the art for rangefinder lens design by the
use of its aspheric lens element. It is well regarded, but many
photographers have questioned the "bokeh" of the lens in having
significant visible "jarring" fore and aft of the focal plane as a result of
the exotic aspherical modelling".

Also

 "The most obvious characteristic I saw in the negatives was decisively more
resolution and micro-contrast over the competitor's
lens. My assumption in photographing with the competitor's lens was that my
images were bandwidth-limited by the film emulsion
response. I was extremely surprised to see an obvious and substantial
increase in performance with the same film emulsion when using
the Biogon T* 2/35 ZM."

Interesting. I note also for film SLR folks that their manual focus range
now includes K mount as well as F and M42

Cheers

Hoppy

Replies: Reply from leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] Zeiss 35 in M mount)