Subject: [Leica] R lens question
From: telyt at earthlink.net (telyt@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Jul 24 08:21:43 2007

On Jul 24, 2007, at 11:07 AM, Ted Grant wrote:

> My preference is the 180 3.4 for some of
> the assignments because it's so incredibly sharp even wide open it
> blows
> away anything else

Among the relatively affordable 180mm lenses this probably would be my
choice too, but keep in mind its limitations: older versions use Series 7.5
filters which can be hard to find, and the minimum focus distance is a bit
long.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

mail2web.com - Microsoft? Exchange solutions from a leading provider -

Replies: Reply from kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier) ([Leica] R lens question)
Reply from kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier) ([Leica] R lens question)
Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] R lens question)