Subject: [Leica] Eyepiece magnifier
From: robertbaron1 at gmail.com (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Mon Jul 23 09:50:07 2007

Frank Dernie wrote:

> it screws into the eyepiece securely. I wanted it to see the 24mm
>> framelines on my M8 when wearing specs for this it is OK. The only
>> problem is that there is no cushioning so scratching the lenses of my
>> specs on the hard metal is practically guaranteed.

I went to my local hardware store and in the key making department found
some round plastic colored key identifiers - I don't know what they are
actually called - that fit over the heads of keys so you can tell them
apart by color.  They are available in a wide range of colors....yellow,
hot pink, black and so on.  They fit over the end of my Hong Kong 1.25x
magnifier and do a pretty good job of protecting my eyeglasses.

Naturally of course I had the Leica version but sold it several years
ago since I didn't use it much on my M6 or M7.  Now that I have an M8 I
wish I had it back, but at current prices the HK version will do just
fine....

....except that it is not threaded so as to be able to use it with my
+.5 diopter correction eyepiece.

And it does not have the tether so I am afraid I will lose it.

Other than that it works great.

--Bob