Subject: [Leica] IMG: last series Hoppy on Kangaroo Island
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Wed Jul 18 20:57:28 2007

For folks still along for the ride with me on Kangaroo Island. The last
twelve photographs start here

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/a/c_001/KI+40.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/2py6bd

First is my lunch at the delightful Marron Farm. This is a restaurant on a
site with a winery and an operation raising these
delicious fresh water crustaceans for the table. We had a platter with
grilled marron, barramundi, dipping sauces, sour dough bread
and some yummy local sauvignon blanc.

I sought out the hardworking chef and her waiter afterwards. A family
operation, no doubt.

This is pub lunch at the Ozone Hotel, delicious and oh so good for you.
Schnitzels are a South Australian tradition. There is quite
a German presence, in fact.

Snelling Beach on the island's north shore is a delightful little spot we
try to visit each time. Some lucky folks live just on the
dunes above.

The last light station in my series. This is Cape du Couedic on the south
western corner of the Island. Right amongst some of the
other most spectacular attractions of that corner of the island. The name is
one of a number that reflects early exploration by the
French at the same time as the English. Flinders and Baudin met there by
chance in 1802.

Thanks for looking everyone. Don't forget there may be a test later, so get
those critiques rolling in.

Cheers

Hoppy

Replies: Reply from jmaddox01 at suddenlink.net (Jack Maddox) ([Leica] IMG: last series Hoppy on Kangaroo Island)