Subject: [Leica] Suggesting a new test with M8 Vs M's
From: luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll)
Date: Mon Jul 16 15:06:30 2007

Hi all,

I sremember the interesting test that Len has showed us comparing same
pictures in B&W and Color with the M8 with and without IR filter, but has
somebody never submit to us a test comparing M8 with any other M with the
same lens, same apertures, same or the more closer ISO sensibility?, say
i.e. ISO 100, 400, 800, IMO the more realistic and usual speeds. I remember
test comparing M8 vs. Digilux, Canon and others, but no with another M with
film.

IMO it could be an interesting test, at least for people like me that remain
on the traditional use of film.

May I suggest to somebody having a M8, Digilux... to do a serious test on
different ISO ranges with the same lens, in B&W and colour?. May I suggest
too to show us cropped images at a ratio of 10 or 15 x, this would be an
equivalent for an enlargement of 30 x 40 cm., or 50 x 60 cm. IMO
demonstrations as 100x are not realistic on the real  life.

If someone want's to have this work I think it would be a great source of
information.

Saludos desde Barcelona from a person who remains still incredulous with the
digital power

Luis