Subject: [Leica] more on bessa
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Fri Jul 13 22:35:18 2007

At 08:51 PM 7/13/2007, Ric Carter wrote:
 >I got the Vaskar 4.5 (low end)

My first camera was a Prewar Voigtl?nder Bessa
with a 4.5/11cm Voigtar lens.  I was given it on
my 12th birthday back in 1962, when the camera
was already 30 years old.  It has a Compur T, B,
1-1/250 shutter.  Back in those days, I did
contact printing.  I still have some negatives
and contact prints from camping trips and the
like.  About a decade back, I put in a roll of
Tech Pan and got some very happy snaps with it.

The Voigtar lens was renamed for marketing
purposes after the Second World War and became
the Vaskar.  I have one such in a Bessa 66, but
the lens as produced for that format suffered
from some vignetting problems.  I have the Bessa
on the desk in from of me but the Bessa 66 is backed away in a box somewhere.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Message from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] more on bessa)