Subject: [Leica] Re: more Passport funnies
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Thu Jul 12 21:53:54 2007

A few weeks ago I posted this message:

> In today's mail I got a Passport warranty for a lens that I do not have.
>
> I've been wanting a 50 for quite a while, and this nonexistent lens is a
> 50/1.4.
>
> Hmmmmmm....I'm thinking that I ought to call Leica and say that I lost my
> lens, and here's the Passport warranty for it, can I please have a
> replacement... Except that I think they'll ask to see the receipt.

Today the lens to which it corresponds arrived. I can't blame Leica for this
delay; UPS delivered it to the wrong address and it took this long for the
recipient to get around to bringing it to me.

My M8 came with a certificate good for a discount on one lens, and this is
the one I ordered. That was half a year ago and I had forgotten all about
it.
Since it wasn't technically something that I had ordered (it was being sent
to me under a special program) there was no order number or tracking number
that I could have used to locate it.

But now it has located me, and I'm glad.

This lens is so small and light compared to the 50 I've been using all these
years (Nocti). Tra la.

Brian Reid

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Re: more Passport funnies)
Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] Re: more Passport funnies)