Subject: [Leica] Philosophy
From: Afterswift at aol.com (Afterswift@aol.com)
Date: Wed Jul 11 21:39:26 2007

Hi Ken,

I wonder what a successful painter decided in the 1840's when  photography
hit. The decision he had to make then is the same in nature that  we're
making
now. Do we switch to the new medium. Because it's faster, opens new  markets
for their work.

In retrospect, it might be a good idea to let time and  experience wash over
us. But let's keep our options open. We never know  what the market will
demand in the future. Who knows, the public may want silver  prints. What we
prefer
is purely a personal decision. Our customers  may want something else.

As far as I know, motorcycle racing isn't an Olympic sport.  Running still
is. Frozen food cooking is one thing. A freshly made meal is a  different
order
of magnitude. A chef can't be replaced by a microwave  oven.

Keep your chemicals dry,
Bob

************************************** Get a sneak peak of the all-new AOL
at