Subject: [Leica] Sunrise light with digital and film
From: lists at mcclary.net (Harrison McClary)
Date: Wed Jul 11 08:01:04 2007

As some of you now I used to do travel photography, often up before dawn
to catch that magic hour light.  To me for some reason digital never
seems to record this light very well.

This week I needed to shoot a building with good light.  I took both my
EOS 5D and Leica M6.  I made the photos with the 5D on daylight setting,
RAW mode, ISO 100 and my 16-35L lens.  The M6 photos were shot with my
Voigtlander 12mm Ultra Wide Heliar using Velvia 100 fujichrome.

The day I shot the sun rose like a giant red ball, the light was very
red, looked like sunset light in late August when the humidity is high.
The photos from the 5D there is no red.  The film shots show that strong
red light.  I think from now on I am shooting stuff like this on film
and leaving the digital at home.

You can see the shots here:

http://gallery.brentwoodcameraclub.org/thumbnails.php?album=34

--