Subject: [Leica] New Orleans 1960
From: leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams)
Date: Sun Jul 8 13:49:45 2007

Spent some time at the local B&N today as they have an unusually large
photography section for this area. Guess they have yet to order "Armed
America". :(

I did find "New Orleans 1960" by William Claxton. Excellent collection of
his road trip through New Orleans with Joachim Berendt. The book "Jazzlife"
documents the travel from NY to LA.

The photographs document the jazz and blues life in New Orleans during the
60's. About 6 pages into the book there's a photograph of Claxton's gear, a
Nikon F and Leica M3. Interesting book for jazz lovers or just to see to how
much New Orleans has and has not changed in the past 4 decades. I'm sure
Sonny and Jeff would notice where some photographs were taken more than me
since I'm a 70's child.

Chris
N'awlins

Replies: Reply from sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter) ([Leica] New Orleans 1960)