Subject: [Leica] A record of childhood
From: nathan at nathanfoto.com (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat Jul 7 01:59:45 2007

Thanks to the many people who commented positively on this. For those
who are curious about such things, here are some technical details.

- all the images prior to 1998 were taken with Pentax equipment, mostly
a Pentax LX and various lenses
- all the images between 1998 and 2004 were taken mostly with Leica M
equipment
- all the images after 2004 are digital (Canon)

I do have all the slides and negatives from the past 22 years (I took up
photography in 1985), but I did not have to scan any film last night.
All the images I used were already on my computer. The very oldest ones
were on some Kodak Photo CDs which I had made in Belgium in 1997, before
I bought my own film scanner. They have held up perfectly, and Photoshop
has no problem opening the files (although Lightroom does not support
the Photo CD file format). I realize that these digital files are only
10 years old, but still it does tell me that if you use good media and
proper storage techniques, digital storage can be manageable, also in
the long term.

Nathan

--
Nathan Wajsman