Subject: [Leica] Olympus E 410 in Alicante
From: octabod at gmail.com (Luis Miguel Castañeda Navas)
Date: Thu Jul 5 01:17:01 2007

On 05/07/2007, at 9:47, Frank Dernie wrote:

> Hi Luis,
> I DO want to compare these viewfinders. This is not a prelude to
> slagging off the Olympus if it isn't as good, I don't expect it to be.

all should be a long valley of tears if we take the OM or F
viewfinders as standards and we measure everything against them, just
want to notice why, numbers over the table, they will never compare
positively with classic or bigger (d)slr formats.

> I am simply asking the question "how does it compare".

imho, as subjective (others could have other viewpoints), and as you
could imagine:

E400 better than D70 (not a great deal)
E400 about the same than 20D, a bit darker and smaller as you could
also imagine.

probably if they were using a solid block of optic glass neatly
polished for its pentaprism it will be clearer, but its weight and
price will fall apart of the current category... and -afaik- nobody
is doing that nowadays.

>  My Rollei 6008i has a very big view, due to the format size, but
> the brightness has been most effected by the screens I have tried,
> a Maxwell and two different Rollei screens which gave a very
> significant difference in vf brightness.

transmitance should be good on those, but do not forget the distance
up the gg and how isolated of external lights it is.

Cheers.

Message from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Olympus E 410 in Alicante)
Message from octabod at gmail.com (Luis Miguel Castañeda Navas) ([Leica] Olympus E 410 in Alicante)
Message from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Olympus E 410 in Alicante)