Subject: [Leica] dune....eyes
From: von-ohlen at sbcglobal.net (Bill Larsen)
Date: Thu Jun 28 11:02:24 2007

Personally, I think the color version is most representative.  The red
dunes are, I think, distinctive of that area.  I am most used to coastal
dunes which tend to be white sand.  I also recall that one of the neat
things about the local roads in Arizona and New Mexico, is the way they
change color when you cross county lines.  Apparently this is due to the
parent material in the road mix.  (Now I want to take a road trip to
confirm my memories).

Steve Barbour wrote:

> two images from up north...
> second is a repost...
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/barbour/chelly/dune.jpg.html
> (better color or bw?...next image at site)

regards, bill larsen