Subject: [Leica] Sigma DP1
From: leica at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Wed Jun 27 09:39:09 2007

Dave
 From my understanding color noise results from physical (hardware) reasons,
and the in-camera algorithms have only the task to minimize it again. If the
in-camera software only would be the reason for Canon's leadership in this
regard (which is hard to believe), the tradeoffs you mentioned, especially
softness, would be more significant with their models. As Canon has an own
source for it's sensors, I tend to believe the hardware plays the more
significant role than the algorithms. But this is a purely unscientific
guesstimation.
Didier

Message from drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers) ([Leica] Sigma DP1)